Santa Clara, CaliforniaR&D – Core Engineering Full-Time
If you like working with the developer community for an Engagement Database and being in the front lines of integration of our product into various technology stacks, this is for you. This is your chance to disrupt a multi-billion-dollar industry, change how the world accesses information, and reinvent the way businesses deliver amazing customer experiences. As a Software Engineer in SDK and Connector engineering team, you’ll work on the developer interface to Couchbase Server for JVM platform languages including the Java SDK, future platforms like Scala and Kotlin and contribute to connectors and frameworks such as Apache Spark and Spring Data. In your daily work, you will help the developer community to innovate on top of our Engagement Database. You will have one of those rare positions of working with a market leading product and an Open Source community of users and contributors. The skill set and expectations are…
- Take on key projects related to the development, enhancement and maintenance of Couchbase’s products built on the JVM platform core-io including the Java SDK and new platforms we add.
- Create, enhance and maintain to other JVM related projects such as the Kotlin client, the Spring Data Connector and others.
- Contribute to the creation, enhancement and maintenance of documentation and samples that demonstrate how Java based languages and platforms work with Couchbase.
- Create, enhance and maintain various documentation artifacts designed to make it easy for developers and system architects to quickly become productive with Couchbase.
- Maintain, nurture and enhance community contributions to the Couchbase community and forums from the overall Couchbase community.
- Work with the growing community of developers who will want to know how to develop Java, Kotlin, Spring, .NET, Node.js, PHP, Python and higher level frameworks with applications built on Couchbase.
- The right person for this role will be a self-motivated, independent, and highly productive individual, with ability to learn new technologies and become quickly proficient.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of software development experience in a professional software development organization. Ideally, this would be working on platform level software.
- Should be familiar with modern, reactive, asynchronous software development paradigms such as Reactor and Reactive Streams.Should have experience with binary streaming wire protocols, such as those in Couchbase.
- Experience with streaming protocols based on Apache Avro and data formats such as those in Apache Kafka would be good.
- Should have familiarity with web application development beyond Spring Framework, such as in Play Framework or others.
- The ideal candidate would have familiarity with web application or mobile integration development in at least one other platform such as .NET or Java.
- Must be familiar with consuming and producing RESTful interfaces.
- May be familiar with GraphQL interfaces as well.
- Would ideally be able to demonstrate experience in large scale, distributed systems and understand the techniques involved in making these systems scale and perform.Has the ability to work in a fast paced environment and to be an outstanding team player.
- Familiarity with distributed networked server systems that run cross-platform on Linux and Windows is highly desired.
- Experience with git SCM, and tools such as Atlassian, JIRA and Jenkins CI are also strongly desired.
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.Check out some recent industry recognition:*Wealth Front Career-Launching Companies List 2020*Couchbase Named a Leader: Forrester Wave Big Data NoSQL Report*Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2019*Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startup 2018*2018 DBTA Readers’ Choice Award for Best In-Memory Solutions*Big Data 100: 35 Coolest Data Management And Integration Vendors*No. 17 on Forbes’ list of Best Big Data Companies to Work For in 2017Want to learn more? Check out our blog: Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to pursuing, hiring and developing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- A fantastic culture
- A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
- True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
- Great market opportunity and growth potential
- Time off when you need it.
- Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
- Open, collaborative spaces.
- Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks