Quikly is hiring a full-stack web developer to help us build our marketing platform in Detroit. Used by millions of consumers and relied upon by many well-known brands, Quikly is in a unique technical space that allows us to continually reach for the right tools to build the best applications. At our core we run a Ruby on Rails codebase that feeds several front-end applications and services. We use a GraphQL API on the server-side and have a React frontend with React-Router and Apollo. We have a continuous integration process that runs our test suite (a combination of Jest and RSpec) on every pull request. We focus on writing clean code and are looking for a fast learner who can contribute from day one.
We hire creative people and give them the freedom to do great work. Collaboration, teamwork and an open environment are invaluable to our team as we do our best work when we work together. As a team we work in with agile-like practices, enjoy a good retro, lunch ?n learn together and celebrate with demos at the end of development cycles.
As a Full Stack Developer at Quikly, you will:
What we are looking for in you:
- Work closely with the product team to build features that power our consumer-facing web app, as well as the tools and interfaces for clients and for our own team.
- Write clean and well-tested code that allows us to keep our applications stable and release with confidence.
- Be an advocate of best practices in regards to testable code.
- Help identify new technologies and techniques that can improve our application and development process.
- Manage your own workflow and your own time.
What you'll like about Quickly:
- At least 1-2 years of professional development experience building web apps with Ruby and React.
- Experience with unit, functional and feature specs (RSpec).
- Knowledge of relational databases (we use Postgres).
- Familiarity with git.
Our marketing suite focuses on customer retention, acquisition, and revenue generation. Trusted by leading brands, Quikly?s scalable technology allows digital marketers the ability to generate demand in a meaningful way in real-time and drive far better return-on-investment per marketing dollar spent. Headquartered in downtown Detroit, Quikly has become one of the fastest growing tech startups over the past three years. Quikly is a team of doers passionate about consumer marketing, technology, and design. We're here to reinvent how brands engage with their customers. We're also here to contribute to a revitalized downtown Detroit.
- True startup experience: Small team, no bureaucracy, code you write will have a real impact on the business.
- The camaraderie of a tight-knit team that works hard and enjoys celebrating each person's accomplishments.
- A focus on learning, team and individual growth, and enjoying what we do.
- Amazing office space in Downtown Detroit on Woodward Avenue.
- Fully stocked kitchen. About Quikly Quikly is an industry-leading enterprise marketing platform.